Transportation Options to The Hillside
ZTP encourages you to consider using pedal power or public transportation to attend the Zilker Summer Musical.
The entrance to The Zilker Hillside Theater is on the northbound MoPac service road just before you reach Barton Springs road. The Theater is across from Barton Springs Pool.
- The nightly event will moderately to significantly affect area traffic conditions and public recreational use of the park during event hours. Expect delays, which peak on weekend shows.
- Localized in-park traffic control and parking management will be in effect.
Take MoPac (Loop 1) to the Rollingwood/2244 exit. If you’re coming from the north, make a U-turn under the freeway; from the south, pass through the light and keep heading straight. Follow the access road around the park to your right. The entrance to parking will be on your right.
Take the Riverside exit. Head west on Riverside towards downtown. The first light past Congress Ave. is Barton Springs Rd. Turn left and follow Barton Springs about 1.5 miles to Zilker Park. The entrance to parking will be on your left.
We suggest you enter via EASTBOUND Barton Springs Road from Mopac. Westbound lanes can back up and cause delays in arriving to the park. If you are approaching the park via the westbound lanes, we suggest you take the turn-around at Mopac and 2244.
All public parking is on the south side of Barton Springs Road near the moonlight tower area. All event parkers will be directed to park in the designated field area.
- It is just over 300 yard walk from the parking area to the top of the hillside theatre.
- Pack a flashlight to aid in your walk back to your vehicle at the end of the show.
On-site parking is first-come, first-served, and is very limited in the summer months, especially on weekends.
A limited number of handicapped parking spaces are available in the lower parking lot near the stage. They are first-come, first-served. Please arrive by 7:30 if you will need ADA seating at the Zilker Hillside Theater.
Please note that parking in the pool area is reserved for cast, crew, staff, and special guests who have a City of Austin issued parking pass.
There is first-come first-served ADA parking to the immediate left and right of the backstage area of the theater building. There is a ramp that accesses a continuous route to the ADA area in front of the actual stage. ADA placards must correspond to the vehicle occupant(s).
- ADA seating is provided on a first-come first-served basis. There is room for approximately 16 wheelchairs in the first row right in front of the stage. Companions of ADA attendees are welcome to sit in the first row as long as it does not displace others in need of ADA access.
- Come early to access the ADA parking spaces adjacent to the theater. ADA parking spaces are limited, and once full, if safe, attendees may be required to drop off individuals requiring ADA access and circle around to find a regular parking space. Individuals can still take advantage of the ADA access and space availability in front of the stage without an ADA parking spot.
- Get information on Biking in Austin here.
- Hike or Bike to the Event. Ann and Roy Butler Hike and Bike Trail, more trail information
- Check out Austin BCycle. (There’s a station right next to the hillside.)
- Many events provide bike rack or a designated bike parking area on site.
- Access Cap Metro’s trip planner. Click on “Plan Your Trip”!
- Go Green! The City of Austin encourages carpooling use of mass transit when attending all events.